While a great deal of information regarding nutrition may be available, there is a great deal of misinformation floating around which, at the very least, may lead you down a slippery slope without safe and effective results. Therefore, in this column several excellent articles regarding nutrition will be suggested, all of which appear in my monthly Fitness Journal published by the American Council on Exercise. Please take a few moments to review this research as it may positively impact your approach to your nutritional health and well-being. As always, prior to beginning any exercise or nutrition program, please consult your physician.
- Mosey, T. PhD, The Food-Inflammation Connection, Fitness Journal, July-August 2019, pages 18-25.
- Alencar, M. PhD, Myths and Realities of Nibbling, Fasting and Feasting, Fitness Journal, October 2019, Pages 20-29
- Realzola, Rogelio, MS and Kravitz, Len, PhD, Ouch! What Causes Muscles to Cramp, Fitness Journal, October 2019, Pages 12-15
- Kravitz, Len PhD, A Case for Carbs Before Morning Training, Fitness Journal, November-December 2019 pages 14-17
- Padget, C., MS, Gut Check: Test Your Knowledge of the Low-FODMAP Diet, Fitness Journal, January-February 2020, Pages 47-50
- Kadey, M. MS RD, The New Label Lingo, Fitness Journal, May-June 2020, page 29
- Kadey, M. MS RD, Recipe for Health, Fitness Journal, May-June 2020, page 37
- Pilkington, K. 2021, Family Meal Planning, IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT, February 2021 (www.ideafit.com)
- Kadey, M. MS RD, Recipe for Health: Yogurt with coffee-plum sauce, IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT, February 2021 (www.ideafit.com)