Mountain Life Fitness Nutritional Consulting Program
Lisa Turan, Program Director
My Nutritional consulting is based on utilizing whole, nutrient dense, organic food. I believe that each of us is physically unique, from the inside out. We all have different histories, injuries and illness. I don’t believe there is one plan or diet or way of eating that will fits everyone. When we try something new or change how we eat in a big way we are bound to see positive changes in the way we look and feel. This often makes us feel like this latest diet or food plan can be given all the credit.
My questions to you are: Is it truly sustainable? Can you really drink that shake, or take a pill or a drop, or a weekly shot for the rest of your life? Probably not. If you can, do you really want to? What happens when that “product” or company is no longer around? Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to eat a variety of great tasting meals that will also boost your health? So what changes can you make? What changes are you willing to make? How can you use your past successes to get you to the place you want to be?
This is where individual consulting makes the difference: blending the research based science with my personal experience in Holistic Nutrition. I will be your personal nutrition coach and working together we will create the best plan for YOU. Where are you are in terms of readiness to commit to healthy changes. You already have the gym membership, so why not take it to the next level? Research has shown that nutritional consulting can help provide you with perspective, education, motivation, and accountability that greatly increase your chances of making Healthy Life Long Changes. I will show you that healthy food tastes good! Healthy food will give your body what it needs to move through your workouts and your life.
A holistic approach to health and wellness means that I look at how different areas of your life are connected. Does job related stress or tension in your relationship cause you to overeat or to not eat? Do poor sleep patterns prevent you from exercising regularly?
Together we will:
- Set realistic goals and create your path to reach those goals
- Work to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Understand and reduce cravings
- Increase your energy levels
- Learn about new foods and how you can incorporate them into your life
All consulting work will require the following from you:
- Willingness to make changes, and understanding that what you’ve been doing isn’t working
- I will ask that you bring a detailed food record for 3-5 days
- I will provide an intake form that will include all foods eaten and the quantity, time of day, and physical symptoms experienced
- I will need to know all supplements taken, all medications, all beverages consumed
- A current disclosure of any medical diagnosis or condition
There is no judgement here. The more accurate you are the better results you will get! I will ask you what you see as your biggest challenge and what your desired outcome is from our working together.
Individual Consulting Sessions are for 1 hour/$75.00:
Lisa will analyze your current daily intake form and you will be given detailed suggestions to alter your current diet and lifestyle and start getting the results you desire.
Pantry Clean Out, $65.00 for 90 minutes:
Lisa will come to your home and together you will go through your refrigerator and pantry and remove the unhealthy items to set yourself up for success.
Grocery Store Tours $50.00 for 1 hour:
This guide is to show you where to find the seemingly hidden health foods in our local store. I will also show my tricks of the trade to get the best quality food for the best price.
Individual Consulting Packages:
- All clients may receive a free 20 minute initial consultation.
- All 6, 8, and 12 week individual packages below will include an initial consulting session of 60-90 minutes, weekly menus, recipes, shopping lists, and nutritional information and education.
- Weekly follow up appointments for 30 minutes and up to 3 phone consultations (5-10 min.) or emails.
6 Week Package: $420.00 + $49.00 program set up fee.
8 Week Package: $520.00 + $49.00 program set up fee.
12 Week Package: $660.00 + $49.00 program set up fee.
Weight Loss Package: $620.00 + $49.00 set up fee.
This package may be split into 2 payments. 1st 4 weeks at $350.00 and 2nd 4 weeks at $270.00
Weight loss package will include an initial consulting session of 60-90 minutes, weekly menus, recipes, shopping lists, and nutritional information and education.
For the 1st 4 weeks of the program you will receive 3 or 4 (as needed) consultation follow up appointments in person or by phone for up to 15 minutes.
The 2nd 4 weeks you will receive a second 60-90 minute consultation appointment and 2 consultations per week in person or by phone for up to 15 minutes each.
Revised February 15, 2016